Sweet potato meets chili with a vegan twist in this delicious recipe that is sure to have you counting down the minutes until mealtime! Who else is a fan of chili? Let us know in the comments.
Training & Nutrition
Custom Training Journeys
Digital AI coaching
Inspiring motivational stories
And more to come …
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced small
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 teapoons mild chili powder
1 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
400 g diced tomatoes, with their juices
400 g kidney beans
2 cups water
Topping: 1-2 avocado, chopped ciltrano
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the diced onion for 3-4 minutes, until translucent, then add in the garlic and sweet potato and cook about 2 more minutes.
2. Next add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Stir into the vegetable mixture.
3. Pour in the diced tomatoes along with their juices, drained and rinsed black beans and the 2 cups of water. Stir to combine. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
4. Use the back of a spoon to mash some of the sweet potatoes for a thicker texture, if desired.
5. Serve with avocado chunks and cilantro.